Saturday, March 28, 2015

Once more, while my boots are still clean.

I am writing this from my hotel room in Ellijay, Georgia. Tomorrow morning we will drive to Springer Mountain so I can finally begin this trek that has consumed almost every waking thought for the last several months. At some points, there is so much running through my head, at others, next to nothing. There is so much to think and feel and I don’t even know where to begin.

I will probably only be hiking about 9 miles tomorrow, but may decide to push on and finish around 15. My pack is a little heavier than I had anticipated and I will have to feel out the mileage over the first couple weeks as my body adjusts to the rapid increase in activity and strain. My biggest concern during these first couple weeks is not to overdo it and get injured.

I want to thank everyone again for all of the support, well-wishes, prayer, and words of encouragement. It has truly meant the world to me while preparing for this trip and will be something that will help push me through the rough days.


I will try to post to this blog at least once a week but will hopefully be posting pictures to Facebook more frequently. I can’t wait for this journey to start and can’t wait to take you all with me. 

4 comments:

  1. Chad I am praying you through! Praying for you many times each day and night. I love you! -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just figured out I can comment on here. Been following your progress with spot and my AT guide. Enjoy the high elevations coming up!

    ReplyDelete